Contributing to your drug product.
With more than 50 years of knowledge about production of cellulose ether excipients, Shin-Etsu makes a valuable contribution in several areas of pharmaceutical technology. Shin-Etsu produces pharmaceutical excipients in Japan and Germany with highest quality standards. We provide
- Hypromellose low viscosity under our brands PHARMACOAT® and TYLOPUR® for film coating and granulation.
- Methyl cellulose Metolose® SM-4, a polymer for pellet coating to reduce stickiness issues
- Hypromellose METOLOSE® and TYLOPUR® for thickening and METOLOSE® SR and TYLOPUR® SR grades for extended release matrix tablets.
- HPMCP and Shin-Etsu AQOAT® HPMCAS for enteric coating. Additionally, Shin-Etsu AQOAT® is the leading polymer for amorphous solid dispersion technology and was invented by Shin‑Etsu more than 30 years ago.
- L-HPC (low-substituted hydroxypropyl cellulose), a dual-functionality excipient that works as binder and disintegrant in tablets
- SmartEx®. A highly functional co-processed excipient for direct compression of oral dispersible tablets